Our planet is deteriorating rapidly, and more and more families and companies are concerned about this problem for which they feel partially responsible. Some are even willing to pay for personalized advice from a specialist in this field.
Finding ways to reduce our ecological footprint is gradually becoming a daily concern for many of us, especially in Western countries. But there is so much to consider, especially when we know that each gesture, however insignificant, can have a negative impact on the planet. The idea would be first to learn as much as possible about the subject, and then to offer our support services to families (or even companies) who would need it.
L’idée serait tout d’abord d’en apprendre soi-même un maximum sur le sujet, puis de proposer nos services d’accompagnement aux familles (ou même les entreprises) qui le souhaiteraient.
- Go to the supermarket (or better, to the local market) with the person in charge of purchasing in order to recommend the best products (local, seasonal, organic, fair trade, etc.).
- Shopping in clothing and shoe stores, taking into account different criteria such as the origin of the raw materials (no farmed fur, no toxic products…), the working conditions of the people who made them (low wages, no child labor…), etc.
- Advice on the choice of electricity, gas, or other suppliers.
- Audit of the energy efficiency of the house (insulation, energy-consuming heating or air conditioning, consumption of appliances in standby mode, water management, etc.).
- Internet behaviors: Delete unnecessary emails, avoid unused cloud solutions, choose “green” service providers, etc.
- Choosing between a new car or public transport.
- Choosing the location of the next vacation.
There are plenty of websites out there that are very good at explaining what habits can be adopted to “save the planet” (and save our asses at the same time), but I think a lot of people who are living comfortably but are concerned about their impact would be willing to pay a certain amount of money to get some coaching. Now, this is probably not an idea that will make you rich, but it could allow you to live while helping to make this world a better place.
Coach for companies?
Some organizations already offer green coaching for companies. The advantage of working with companies is that they have sometimes colossal budgets in order to make their image more “green” (I am not talking about the ones that do “greenwashing” just by greening their logo and their website). Be careful, though, because even if you will earn more money, your task will also be much more complex and you will have to master many more subjects revolving around themes closely related to the company’s field.
- Good for the planet
- Gratifying work
- Human contact
- Variable income
- Finding the first “clients” can be difficult
- Location: In your neighborhood or city. But it can also be done via the Internet.
- Investment: First, time to learn the subject thoroughly, then a public transportation pass, and that’s it. Perhaps the cost of a computer to create a website and offer some online services.
- Earnings perspective: Variable (I honestly have no idea).
- Required: Good knowledge of the subject – Good communication and social skills.
- Risk level: Low, mostly time investment.
- Implementation time: A few weeks, even a few months for you to learn more about the subject.
- Material needed: A PC to create a small website.